You CAN Make a Difference!
In today’s world of negativity, divisiveness, and polarity, it’s easy to get cynical and pessimistic. But you can impact the world and it’s easier than you think. You have more power than you know and more ways to make a difference.
1. Don’t indulge in actions and behaviors that upset you, like constantly watching the news or spending hours on social media. Focus on the good, like the story about a 13 year old indigenous girl being nominated for a peace prize.
2. Be the reason people believe in goodness. Be kind to others, regularly, every day. Your very presence in smiling at others, lending a hand, opening a door, picking up someone’s burden, and assisting someone could make a world of difference. It re-instills hope, it establishes connection, it builds relationships. Like the three boys who saved a suicidal man’s life.
3. Share uplifting stories, funny jokes, positive news. Praise others specifically and publicly. It will create a contagion of good will and shift the energy in the workplace. Dr. Laila Samiian in Jacksonville is using oncoplastic surgery to preserve breasts when treating breast cancer.
4. When you observe someone treating someone else poorly, whether on line or elsewhere, stand up to them. When you hear lies being spread, speak up. “He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it.” Martin Luther King Jr.
5. Surround yourself with winners and seekers– those who are trying new things, developing solutions to problems and succeeding. Avoid the ain’t it awful club. Share winner stories, like how local shero Kristin Keen’s organization which helps women victims of human trafficking, Rethreaded, was featured on Project Runway.
6. Send positive energy into difficult situations. Whether you send the light, say a prayer, envision a positive outcome, send peace, your good thoughts can help.
7. Get excited about a cause and tie that into your purpose for being. I am passionately committed to liberating women from overload, because then they can share their gifts, talents and ideas with the world and make it a better place. So I have a new TV show, Ignite Success! for women, and I have written a new book on women and overwhelm. Line up your actions with your passions and you can have a big impact on whatever is important to you.
I am reminded of this great quote from Margaret Meade, because I believe it to be true. “Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed, citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.”
I believe in you, I believe in us, I believe in the good. Harness your energy, ideas and creativity and make 2019 the year you have a bigger impact.
Latest episodes of Ignite Success!
1. This 13-Year-Old Indigenous Girl Has Been Nominated for a Global Peace Prize
2. Three schoolboys found suicidal man about to jump off bridge – they grabbed him and didn’t let go
3. See the story about Dr.Laila Samiian and how she is using oncoplastic surgery to help preserve women’s breasts when treating breast cancer.
4. Jacksonville-based Rethreaded featured on ‘Project Runway’
5. 4 Ocean Employees have removed over 3million pounds of trash from the ocean
If you enjoyed this newsletter, please share it with others. Sign up for tips on success, employee retention, productivity, and stress relief. https://www.firedupnow.com/kindlings
©2019, Snowden McFall, Fired Up! You may reprint if you credit me with content