Check Out the Good News!
At a time when there is so much divisiveness and polarization, it’s important to remember that there is a great deal of good going on. I believe that people are fundamentally caring, and the stories below demonstrate that. I’m wishing you a glorious holiday season and I’m grateful you are one of my readers. I’d love to hear from you!
• In Jacksonville, Fl: Shaquille O’Neal, with Duval County Public Schools, the Henry and Zach Crocklett Foundation and Rhodes Graduation Services, brought gifts and food to needy families in need this week. This happens through the Turkey & Toys Districtwide Partnership.
• In Maryland, the DARCARS dealership erased $25,000 of school lunch debt.
• A baby who had been abandoned at birth next to a dumpster has gone on to be a $62 million entrepreneur finding solutions in the tech industry. He also created a tracking device for those with Alzheimers. Freddie Figgers says “The best thing any human being can do is influence another one.”
• A 93 year old toymaker, Ed Higinbotham of Fayette County, Pennsylvania, donated 300 wooden trucks to the state police this month.
• Actor Morgan Freeman has devoted his 124 acre ranch to saving the bees, and saving the planet.
• Miss USA, Miss Teen America, Miss America and Miss World are all black women this year. A wonderful trend of diversity!
• A British scientist who developed a new drug for ovarian cancer has donated her share of the profits, £31 million, to charity.
• And a couple who get engaged at Kentucky Fried Chicken, KFC, from South Africa, and were subsequently shamed by critics on social media, got the surprise of their lives. McDonald’s bought them a honeymoon to Capetown, a jeweler provided wedding rings, Huawei provided new phones and KFC paid for the whole wedding!
If you enjoyed this newsletter, please share it with others. Sign up for tips on success, employee retention, productivity, and stress relief. https://www.firedupnow.com/kindlings
©2019, Snowden McFall, Fired Up! You may reprint if you credit me with content.Follow me on social media @snowdenmcfall
And if you’d like to learn more about kindness, here’s a segment from my tv show Ignite Success!
Kindness Enrichs Your Life