Many people are now sitting more than 9 hours a day- eek…! Our bodies were crafted for us to be upright, All this sitting is highly dangerous.
According to a new study published in the Archives of Internal Medicine, sitting for long periods increases your risk of all-cause early death.
In fact, it has been shown to increase risk for heart disease, obesity, diabetes, dementia, and some cancers.
• Sitting 6+ hours a day makes you 40% likelier to die within 15 years
• Obese people sit more than 2.5 hours a day than non-on=bese,
• Sitting results in a drop in insulin effectiveness.
• Being sedentary (sitting) for long periods of time without moving increases inflammation (a leading cause of disease.)
The solutions :
• get a standing desk or treadmill desk like the one shown above, available at Target®
* get up once an hour and walk for 5 minutes. Use this time to get water, chat with others, go outside or look outside in nature. stretch, move.
• make it a habit to walk while you are on the phone. Most phones are cordless anyway.
The most important thing is to get moving…often.
Kindly share this post if you liked it.
Sign up for free tips on success, marketing, happiness and stress relief. https://www.firedupnow.com/kindlings
©2014 Snowden McFall All Rights Reserved. You may share this post and reprint with author reference and copyright.
Follow my blog with Bloglovin