Many people are now sitting more than 9 hours a day- eek…! Our bodies were crafted for us to be upright, All this sitting is highly dangerous.
According to a new study published in the Archives of Internal Medicine, sitting for long periods increases your risk of all-cause early death.
In fact, it has been shown to increase risk for heart disease, obesity, diabetes, dementia, and some cancers.
• Sitting 6+ hours a day makes you 40% likelier to die within 15 years
• Obese people sit more than 2.5 hours a day than non-on=bese,
• Sitting results in a drop in insulin effectiveness.
• Being sedentary (sitting) for long periods of time without moving increases inflammation (a leading cause of disease.)
The solutions :
• get a standing desk or treadmill desk like the one shown above, available at Target®
* get up once an hour and walk for 5 minutes. Use this time to get water, chat with others, go outside or look outside in nature. stretch, move.
• make it a habit to walk while you are on the phone. Most phones are cordless anyway.
The most important thing is to get moving…often.
Kindly share this post if you liked it.
©2014 Snowden McFall All Rights Reserved. You may share this post and reprint with author reference and copyright.
Follow my blog with Bloglovin