Set Boundaries to Cut Down on Stress this Season
There's no question that the holidays can bring out the best and the worst in people, particularly families. There's so much pressure to decorate, get the right gifts, prepare for visitors, cook and clean and handle excited children, all on top of work.
So how do you reduce holiday stress? Set boundaries and say no more often.
• if you're hosting an event at your home, ask those coming to bring a dish or a beverage. Be specific and clear about what you want. Don't try to do it all.
• Limit sugar intake yourself and for your children. Sugar just adds another layer of craziness to the stress.
• Say no when asked to attend an extra event or make a batch of cookies. Take care of yourself first.
• Ask for help- from your partner, your children, etc. Ask them to help decorate, clean up, do the laundry, etc. at this busy time of year.
• Avoid familial conflict. If two family members always fight during festivities, speak to them in advance and ask them to avoid each other or be kind. Tell them if they can't, then they are not welcome in your home. If they start trouble, they will be asked to leave. Make it clear your home is a "no fighting" zone.
Kindly share this post if you liked it.
©2017, Snowden McFall All Rights Reserved. You may share this post and reprint with author reference and copyright.
Follow my blog with Bloglovin