You Can Overcome Holiday Stress
All too often the pressure of meals, gift-giving, family dynamics and time management get to be too much. Here’s how to prevent and beat that holiday stress.
• Ask for help. If you are cooking a holiday meal, don’t do it all. Be specific and ask each guest to bring something you need. It will lighten your load and expense.
• Use your neighborhood grocery– many will make all elements of your meal, or you can buy pre-made side dishes and desserts to save time and hassle.
• Do something untraditional- like Mexican or Italian
• Consider not doing the family thing. A coaching client of mine was dreading the negativity that their family regularly spews at holiday functions. I coached them to go on a vacation with their children. It worked out great and everyone was relaxed.
• Put the battles aside for one day. Vow to forgive and bite your tongue and change the conversation when it gets sensitive or controversial.
©2012 Snowden McFall All Rights Reserved. No duplication or reprinting without permission and author reference
To sign up for Snowden’s ezine newsletter on stress, happiness, marketing and motivation, go to: https://firedupnow.com/firedupemailregister.html