The best bridge between despair and hope is a good night's sleep.
~E. Joseph Cossman
Sleeping Well Can be a Puzzle
The World Health Organization says less than 7 hours a night may cause cancer and you are likely to carry an extra 20 pounds of weight. With less than 7 hours, you are functioning at a cognitive disadvantage and are 3x more likely to get a cold or flu. Neurobiology of Aging says those who get less than 6 hours of sleep are 4 times more likely to have a stroke. Check out these practical tips to sleep well tonight!
How to Get a Good Night's Sleep
• Turn off all computers, cellphones and screens an hour before bed. Stop looking at them. The blue light from these devices interferes with your body's ability to relax and keeps you hyper. Be sure your alarm clock is red light. Lower the temperature in the room and make sure it is cool and dark.
• No electronics in your bedroom. Your bedroom is for sleeping and making love. That's it.
• Get ready for bed an hour before you go to sleep. Actually get in bed 30 minutes before you want to sleep and read something uplifting on paper. (Not an electronic reader.) Reading helps relax you.
• Take a hot bath with epsom salts before bed. Or get your legs wet up to your knees in warm water.
• Try all natural sleep remedies at health food stores. Check with your doctor. I have used these successfully at different times- most are herbs: passion flower, valerian root, holy basil, L'theanine, calcium, magnesium, etc.
• Exercise is a great sleep inducer, if you do it several hours before bedtime.
Sleep better and perform better in every area of your life!
Kindly share this post if you liked it.
Sign up for free tips on success, happiness and stress relief. http://www.firedupnow.com/kindlings
Follow my blog with Bloglovin