I hear all too often about backstabbing, selfishness, and silhos at work.
And the truth is, none of us can get our jobs done alone. We all need others to help and life is so much more pleasant, effective and profitable when we place nicely with others. People will go the extra mile for those they feel care about them. They will work late and do overtime and jump through hoops if they believe you truly care.
How to Build Better Working Relationships
• Be kind. You have no idea what others are going through in their personal lives.
• Smile and sincerely ask others how they are.
• Share news which will impact others quickly. Come up with solutions to a mutual problem before you even tell them. Be empathetic.
• Praise others specifically 92% of American workers say that when they finish a project, their boss says NOTHING! Don’t be one of those managers. Thank your people and acknowledge what they have done.
• Do it in writing- thanking others with a written note card goes a long way.
• Share openly with others and invite them to do the same. You don’t have to parade your personal problems, but show your vulnerability and authenticity. Be a real person and others will respond.
• Encourage laughter, not at anyone’s expense. People are more effective in a safe, fun work environment. Part of how you create that is to make the job enjoyable. Good will goes a long way.
Kindly share this post if you liked it.
Sign up for free tips on success, marketing, happiness and stress relief. http://www.firedupnow.com/kindlings
©2015 Snowden McFall All Rights Reserved. You may share this post and reprint with author reference and copyright.
Follow my blog with Bloglovin