Lack of Sleep Causes Many Serious Issues
New research out of England shows that lack of sleep is the strongest predictor of pain for those over 50. Pain obviously causes more stress and makes you sleep poorly. It’s a vicious cycle. Restless or insufficient sleep has so many negative consequences and severely impacts wellness:
• the World Health Organization has considered labeling less than 7 hours a night of sleep as a carcinogen- cancer-causing agent
• increased risk of heart disease
• fewer new brain cells created
• premature aging
• excess weight- 20 pounds usually
• 3x more susceptible to colds and flu
• greater stress and less ability to respond well to problems
Three factors influence your ability to get a good night’s sleep:
• timing- try to go to bed at the same time every night
• duration- you need at least 7 hours of sleep
• intensity- which is impacted by whether you got 30 minutes of sunshine during the day and whether your room is nice and dark at night
Be careful not to look at your ipad®, phone screen or computer before bed- leave at last an hour before bed when you shut down exposure to visual stimulants from computer screens. Your overall health and wellness depends so much on good rest. Getting a good night’s sleep every night has a huge impact on your health, your stress levels, your body’s pain and more. Make it priority. Your body will thank you.
Sign up for free tips on success, marketing, happiness and stress relief. http://www.firedupnow.com/kindlings
©2014 Snowden McFall All Rights Reserved. You may share this post and reprint with author reference and copyright.